How was your last night’s sleep? Sound, I guess! Have you brushed your teeth yet? That was absurd, right? Well, the reason behind me asking you this because that’s the first thing we generally do after we wake up. It is undoubtedly considered to be one of the most important health habits. But, most of us tend to avoid our oral health without any specific reason, mostly it’s ignorance! That’s very wrong, though! What we think it’s the duty of out dentist to take care of our dental health. But, you’re the one to do your part at home for the periodontal care of your teeth.
Do you love your own smile? Of course, you must! But, do others love your smile? Then, it’s lovable, keep smiling and make them fall in love with your smile. Or, do they just try to avoid you when you speak or smile? The reason is not they don’t like you, it’s the issue with your teeth, may be! Don’t make that face, please! We are all here for you to discuss knows and hows of oral health.
Before anything, let’s know why oral health is so important. Teeth helps to chew and digest food. They help us to talk and pronounce different words and syllables clearly. Last but not the least, your smile is beautiful because of your position of teeth. And a wonderful smile is a great asset. Aren’t these functionalities enough for your teeth to get the best possible care?
What can be wrong with your teeth? One of most common myths about oral health is eating chocolates causes tooth decay. That’s not correct, there are different reasons which cause tooth decay. It is clear, sticky substance called plaque, we might find in the teeth or gums. It contains bacteria which stays on sugar, so, eating chocolates if you have plaque is fatal. Firstly, we need to take care of the plaque not growing in your teeth. Tooth decay can lead to root canal treatment or even complete loss of your teeth. Along with this, gum disease causes loss of bones near the teeth. To avoid further check-ups, surgeries, false teeth etc., you need to take care of your oral health yourself.
It’s not so tough to keep our teeth and gums healthy. We can easily do it by ourselves by keeping a routine.
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes at least once a day, and if possible, twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Use interdental brushes to keep your inside teeth area clean and fresh.
- Just not the brushing time, after every meal, clean your mouth with water and gargle if possible. This helps to avoid the growth of plaque.
- Good eating habits are necessary for anything and everything. You need to intake less sugary and drinks the stuff if you’ve sensitivity in your teeth.
- If you get tooth pain much often, try to avoid cold and cough as possible. And drink luke warm water in the winter.
- Last but not the least, do regular dental checkups, as often they recommend.
A few good habits can prevent you from many unnecessary affairs with your dentist. So, try to maintain the aforesaid and enjoy a good oral health.
Choosing a good toothbrush and toothpaste is really important. If you can go out and spend a fortune for the restaurant’s food, then why not for your health? Don’t be miser while buying a good toothpaste and toothbrush for you. If possible, consult a doctor and use medicated ones.
Always remember your health is completely yours. You’re the boss of your own body. Take care, stay fit, live happily!